Rated as the most powerful for its category in Tennis Magazine's 1999 Spring Gear Guide, the Hyper Hammer 5.3 quickly became Wilson's most popular Hyper Carbon model. Its ideal blend of power, control and maneuverability became evident on the pro tour, as former player Lindsay Davenport and Todd Martin showcased the numerous benefits of Wilson's newest material technology. At 27.5 inches, this racket provides additional leverage and more reach than a standard length racket, without impeding reaction to balls hit close to the body. This is a power frame for players with short, compact swings. The Hammer Technology creates a larger sweet spot for more power and forgiveness, while the Perimeter Weighting System (PWS) improves torsional stability. Group all that with the Head-heavy balance that increases stability and momentum in a lighter frame, you are getting a racquet that packs a huge punch for players that lack power in their strokes.
Wilson Hyper Hammer 5.3 Stretch OS Tennis Racquet Specs:
- Head Size: 110 sq. in. / 710 sq. cm.
- Length: 27.5 in.
- Strung Weight: 9.0 oz. / 255 g.
- Unstrung Weight: 8.4 oz. / 238 g.
- Strung Balance: 11 Pts. Head Heavy
- Swingweight: 302
- Flex: 71
- Beam Width: 23.5 mm. / 29 mm. / 24.5 mm.
- Composition: 15% Hyper Carbon / 85% Graphite
- String Pattern: 16 Mains x 20 Crosses
- Grip: Cushion Aire Conform Grip
- Recommended String Tension: 55 - 65 lbs.
- Product Code: WRT58610
RacquetGuys Shipping & Pickup Info Page
RacquetGuys Return Center Page